Television Place / Needham, MA
Integrated Interiors was excited to be a part of the renovations team for the WCVB-TV & Chronicle newsroom. The 22,550 SF, Channel 5 headquarters located in Needham, MA, underwent extensive modifications to create a space that encourages collaboration and productivity.
According to Gorman Richardson Lewis Architects (GRLA), the designers wanted to give the news team “a vibrant, open, and inspiring space that would make them excited to come to work and help them be more productive.” Integrated Interiors provided several product solutions to make that happen. Tasked with a need for natural daylighting as well as state of the art office systems and conference spaces, II supplied Frameless Glass Fronts with Klein Rollglass Doors. The glass wall panels maximize light and the brushed steel locking ladder pulls enhance the modern and clean design. II also procured and installed 15,000 SF of raised access flooring (RAF) for this project.
The RAF solution worked threefold:
- Leveled out the uneven concrete slab condition of the original floor.
- Installed at 10” FFH, the first layer allowed for all power, data, and plumbing to be rerouted underneath the floor with easy access for facilities management.
- A second layer of RAF at 14” FFH was added to elevate the information main desk, accentuating the central focal point of the design layout.
A unique aspect of this project involved the addition of specialty glass tiles. Installed along the perimeter of the floorplan, lighting was affixed underneath the tiles to shine and highlight the large “ribbons” of WCVB-TV5’s signature red that the designers interwoven throughout the space.
- 15,000 SF of TecCrete Raised Access Flooring; 88 SF of Terravision Glass Non-slip floor tiles; 220 LF of Frameless Glass Fronts with Klein Rollglass Doors
- General Contractor
- Columbia Construction
- Gorman Richardson Lewis Architects
- John Horner