Largest UFAD project in New England to date
Integrated at Work (IAW) completed a massive raised access flooring (RAF) and underfloor air distribution (UFAD) project for Partners HealthCare at Assembly Row in Somerville, Massachusetts. This project was so huge it required 200 truckloads of material to complete!
The project consisted of a new 900,000 SF commercial office building which houses about 4,500 employees and incorporates significant green building and resiliency features to meet LEED v4 Gold certification standards.
For Partners, developing a new site for their headquarters presented an exciting opportunity to create a healthy and environmentally responsible building and II offered product solutions to help make that happen. Using raised access flooring provides the benefits of quick accessibility to power and ease of reconfiguration, while UFAD provides occupants fresher, cleaner air and the comfort of personal environment temperature control. Combined, RAF & UFAD optimize maximum energy efficiency and lower energy and maintenance costs.
Partners HealthCare Project Industry Recognition:
- Building Team Award – Silver Award, Building Design + Construction (2017)
- Awards of Excellence – Workplace Award, CoreNet Global – New England Chapter
- Best New Construction Project Category (2017)
- #8 on the Boston Business Journal’s “Largest Construction Projects in Massachusetts” list (2017)
- Global IFS TecCrete 1250 Raised Access Flooring, Underfloor Air Distribution
- General Contractor
- Suffolk Construction
- Robert Benson
“Our construction team had little experience working with raised access flooring. II provided tremendous product knowledge to help complete this sizeable installation successfully…and worked in harmony with the trades.”